The Criffel Station experience is an opportunity to get your team members out of their everyday office environment and day-to-day routines and into the restorative power of the great outdoors.
Situated within one of the world’s premier natural locations, Criffel Station offers a stunning backdrop for open air conferences and meetings, incentive groups, corporate events, staff retreats, and team building. Our expansive onsite facilities and experienced team brings superb high country hospitality to events of all kinds ranging from 5 to 500 people. Criffel Station is comprised of 2,000 hectares of private land, just seven kilometres from Wanaka township.
Criffel Station Woolshed:
Nestled in the foothills of the Criffel Range, the Woolshed is the social heart of Criffel Station, and an iconic piece of Kiwi architecture and history. Managed with an emphasis on providing a balanced environment for its people, land and animals, half of the working Criffel Station Woolshed has been expertly converted into an events venue as part of the ongoing development and enjoyment of this historic property.
The history, charm and rustic feel of the original Woolshed has been retained using recycled materials from the station. Our experienced planners know the local environment intimately and are experts in catering, styling, entertainment, transportation, off-site events and audio visual needs. The Woolshed offers a variety of tailored packages, ranging from simple venue hire to all-inclusive event planning services.
- Hiking – Fully guided and tailored to group size and fitness levels
- 4 x 4 Buggy rides – A much quicker way to get up those hills and through the mud
- Heli hikes – Fast-track to the top and enjoy a fantastic lunch before your hike
- Gold – Visit historic Gold diggings from the 1800’s and learn about the people that lived there. Heli, hike or bike
- One Health – Healthy environment, animals and people.
- Water – Springs to sea, and the importance of good water management on the land
- New Zealand deer farming history – By experts in the field
- Venison & Velvet production – Fully interactive with tours of our elite unit and venison tastings
- Criffel Station farm tour – Tailored to the interests of the group
- Rogaining/geocaching – A unique interactive team challenge
- Tree planting – Connect with the land
- Team building – To align with your company’s direction
- Wild Earth – Food cooked like no other, Wild Earth will cook in front of you in wine barrels. Their corporate menu includes a tasting option of their exquisite wines.
- Flying Trestles – The perfect banquet option, Flying Trestles work with fantastic local produce to create their delicious menus.
- Artisan Catering – Specialists in hand crafted cuisine. From canapes to full degustation meal, Artisan Catering is sure to impress.
- 500 on site
*One off consent can be granted for more if necessary
- Rounds: up to 120
- Banquets: up to 180
- Cocktail: up to 225
- Classroom Style: 100
- Theatre Style: up to 200
*Additional seating can be accommodated in marquees
Criffel Station is pleased to partner with NEWZEAL to offer tailored onsite conference activities and training solutions that guide participants through a wide range of team-building activities that leave them fully engaged and ready to work better together. Director and Chief Enthuser Paul Nicholson has nearly two decades of experience providing conference activities, reward incentives and team building to companies and teams.
We offer bespoke packages over a period of 1-5 days with an experienced NEWZEAL facilitator. An emphasis on empowerment makes the programmes well-suited to development of leadership, management and culture. For more information please contact a member of our team today.
Examples of Experiential Activities and Inspirational Challenges Include:
- Claybird Shooting
- Car Challenge
- Dog Trials
- Gold Mining Heli-biking/lunch/walk
- Board breaking
- Fire Walking